Sunday, September 18, 2011

Zoning news - Highlands Changes

I wrote some time ago about the zoning changes in Denver. My conclusion at the time was: the existing old/bad zoning code led to one of America's great and diverse cities - therefore, let's trash it and replace it with something no one seems to understand.

Then this week I read in the North Denver News that indeed the church near my house is slated for demolition - and really there's nothing to stop the developers from putting in a bunch of apartments (besides someone trying to designate the church as a historic landmark) - which is also my understanding. However, the developer's plan would have been allowed under the old zoning as well - and could have been taller.

And so I suppose those test wells Will-J found are for a purpose after all.

No comments: