Saturday, November 17, 2012

iPhone photos (part 2)

Having recently learned that the iPhone can be temperamental/ephemeral, here are some photos I haven't put up before (as well as some stories from along the way):

(And here's part 1).

11.  Will-J at Aviano:


12.  Will-J at Sugar Bakeshop:


13.  Here at home, we enjoy our ramen with Soy Peptide:


14.  They finally finished rebuilding the bike path south of [insert name here] Bronco stadium.  It's impressively smooth:


15.  Not your ordinary blanket, indeed:


16.  I don't know how many times I tried to send this heart-shaped wood knot to Catherine.  I was out hiking the Arizona trail, and really not in a very good place.  I was short of water, and camped near an old cabin - the heart seemed so out of place:


17.  This was my first view of the Grand Canyon since I was Will-J's age, taken from the Grandview Lookout Tower:


I tried to send this one to Catherine too, but it never worked.

18.  Big Mama's Burritos!


As part of my endless search for the best Denver breakfast burrito.

19.  Robert Rich on the decks:


A friend and I have gone to see Mr. Rich twice now at genial house concerts in the 'burbs.  It's pretty amazing to pull up to a nondescript house off of C-470, walk in, have a glass of wine, and have a significant figure in modern music play you a set.

20.  The Cyclone!


Lakeside Amusement Park is a place lost in time, a treasure, and we're lucky it just keeps going.  On a hot summer day, Will-J and I walked up to The Cyclone - a big white wooden roller coaster from 1940, hand brakes, smelling of iron electricity - and got in line.  They sized Will-J up, thought it was okay, and we got in the first row.  He was amazed, and went again.  After four times, he was exhausted and asked to go home - within minutes he was asleep.  Since then, we've been back on The Cyclone many times.  

21.  Not a good way to lock up your bike:


22.  Will-J in his Mayan mask at the Denver Art Museum:


23.  Seiad Valley, Pacific Crest Trail:


It was dawn and I was waiting for the famous cafe to open.  Smoke from the nearby forest fire crept down into town, and mixed with the diesel fumes.  A Northern California landmark (that survived the fire).

24.  The "Cache-22" water cache "twigwam" near Old Station, Pacific Crest Trail:


It's a pretty welcome sight (even though they refill the old gallon jugs).

25.  I had a day layover in Reno after spending a month on the PCT - in the morning, there were hot air balloons everywhere:

No comments: